Personal information: The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- Your name and address
- Your age and date of birth
- Your contact details including telephone numbers, mailing address, street address and email address
- Your gender
- Your occupation or employment details
- Where applicable, your credit card or payment details (either directly or through our third-party payment processor);
- Your sensitive information as set out below;
- details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about your access and use of our Services, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our online Services, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Services, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Services and the associated applications;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping, administrative purposes, invoicing and billing purposes (where applicable);
- for analytics and business development, including to operate and improve our Services and associated applications;
- for direct marketing or for sending you details about offers or competitions we may be running;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- if you have applied for employment with us; to consider your employment application.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, maintenance or problem-solving providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and
- third parties to collect and process data, such as [Google Analytics or other relevant businesses].
Where the disclosure of your personal information is solely subject to Australian privacy laws, you acknowledge that some third parties may not be regulated by the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act and if any such third party engages in any act or practice that contravenes the Australian Privacy Principles, it would not be accountable under the Privacy Act and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act.
How we treat personal information that is also sensitive information
Sensitive information is a sub-set of personal information that is given a higher level of protection under the Australian Privacy Principles. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, sexual practices or sex life, criminal records, health information or biometric information.
Provided you consent, your sensitive information may only be used and disclosed for purposes relating to the primary purpose for which the sensitive information was collected.
Sensitive information may also be used or disclosed if required or authorised by law.
Our commitment to you
Your personal information will:
- be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner by us;
- only be collected for the specific purposes we have identified in the ‘collection and use of personal information’ clause above and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with the purposes we have identified;
- be collected in a way that is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purpose for which the personal information is processed;
- be kept up to date, where it is possible and within our control to do so (please let us know if you would like us to correct any of your personal information);
- be kept in a form which permits us to identify you, but only for so long as necessary for the purposes for which the personal information was collected; and
- be processed securely and in a way that protects against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict and unsubscribe: To object to processing for direct marketing/unsubscribe from our email database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take in response to your complaint. You also have the right to contact the relevant authority in the country in which you are based.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures, to safeguard and secure personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Cookies and web beacons
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our online Services.
We may use web beacons on our online Services from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
We may use Google Analytics to collect and process data. To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may use from time to time.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Last update: 28 May 2020